Wednesday, December 19, 2012

McConnell Response to My Fiscal Cliff Letters





As usual, Senator McConnell, your dishonest form-letter response falls short of what I would hope to receive from an honest man. Since it came from you, it is exactly what I expected.

McC: Thank you for contacting me regarding the President’s proposed tax hike on small businesses. Hearing your views helps me to better represent Kentucky in the U.S. Senate.

Me: I never contacted you regarding the President’s “proposed tax hike on small businesses” because I don’t believe the President has “proposed a tax hike on small businesses” and, therefore, would never have written to you about something that I don’t think has happened. I will assume that this letter is in response to one of these letters: My2K  or Thelma and Louise, Not Just a McConnell Story.  This would all be so much easier if you really did care what your constituents have to say.

McC: After nearly four years of spending and debt, millions of Americans are still struggling amidst the slowest recovery in modern times, and the economy is flat on its back.

Me: That might be a record number of lies in one sentence. Congratulations, Senator McConnell, on breaking your own record.

McC: Despite this, the Obama Administration and its allies in Congress are advocating massive[,] job killing tax increases on the very working families and businesses struggling each day to protect their employees and create new jobs.

Me: Are you insane? You would have to be if you expect me (or anyone else) to buy that load of crap. By the way, I’m an Obama ally so you insult me when you (and yours) try to use the word ‘allies’ as though it means terrible people. Neither President Obama nor his allies are advocating massive job killing tax increases on the very working families and businesses struggling each day to protect their employees and create new jobs. Your transparent attempt at projection of your guilt onto the President is a huge failure. Your obvious debilitating envy of him is pathetic. 

Your party – the one you are supposed to be leading – has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you care nothing about THE American workers. You created and own income inequality and hopelessness. I will assume that by ‘massive job killing tax increases on people that create new jobs’ you are, once again, shamefully implying that taxing the wealthiest individuals and dishonest corporations that call themselves small businesses will cause them not to create jobs. That is not honest and you know it. You also know that I know it so I resent and dislike you very much for insulting my intelligence. Again. You and I both know that your allies, like John Schnatter of Papa John’s Pizza, are the real threat to employees and it isn’t because they have been taxed; it is because they are greedy bastards with no ethics or conscience.

McC: With their most recent effort, the Senate majority pushed a symbolic tax hike that would not even fund the government for a week.

Me: If you thought it was symbolic and not enough, why didn’t you propose a higher tax hike that would have been enough?

McC: Considering your views on this topic, you may be interested to know that the U.S. Senate recently debated two very different approaches.

Me: Insulting my intelligence again? Unlike you, I actually read and keep up.

McC: I offered a bill, the Tax Hike Prevention Act of 2012, that would not only give every American the certainty that their income taxes will not go up at the end of the year, but also set into motion the process for meaningful tax reform within a year.

Me: Bushit! He’s gone. You can stop spreading his lies and failed policies for him.

McC: The Senate Majority Leader, however, cobbled together a different bill that would raise income taxes on one million small business owners, or up to 75 percent of small businesses, and raise death taxes on thousands of family farmers and small business owners.

Me: Hilarious! Seriously, I have to laugh at this feeble attempt at misrepresentation. Do you think people on the street stop by my mailbox to read this crap? Surely, you must know it's wasted on me.

McC: Two years ago, the President and the Senate majority agreed that the same tax hikes they are now fighting for would hurt the U.S. economy. At that time when blah blah blah . . .

Me: Again, as I have explained and as you knew before I explained it, this is not a tax hike. This is a call to allow the irresponsible Bush tax BREAK to expire, as was planned all along. President Obama and the Senate majority realize that middle class earners need this break due to the irresponsible actions of the Bush Administration and his “allies” and want to extend those tax breaks for them, but not for the people who do not need them. You, Senator McConnell, are the most dishonest person I’ve had the misfortune of having to endure in life. Your attempts to mislead are disgusting.

McC: Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important matter. If you would like to receive periodic updates, please sign up for my eNewsletter and become a fan of my page on Facebook.

Me: You never respond when I use your Facebook page. Can I assume that means you don’t read it?

Sincerely disgusted,

Sandy


1 comment:

  1. I have those same arguments with his letters when I get them too!

    ReplyDelete