Wednesday, April 10, 2013

McConnell World Getting Uglier



Dear Senator McConnell:

I’m not sure where to start with the surge of garbage that has poured in from McConnell world since I last wrote. I guess I’ll go with the most disappointing first and work my way back to the good news.

Who am I trying to fool? I want to blurt out the good news first to make sure I don’t forget. The most recent polls say you are extremely unpopular with only a 36% approval rate in Kentucky. Everywhere I look, there are new pages, groups, blogs, and memes talking about the horrible things you’ve done, and about how many people dislike you. I flatter myself by believing that my four-year-project has paid off. I smile when I think that your goal was to make President Obama a one-term President while mine was to make sure your name recognition carried with it knowledge of your horrible record. Finally, I can say without doubt that you failed and I succeeded.

Now, I will return to the most disappointing issue.

Mitch McConnell joins far right fringe on guns   I hate to admit this in public but I honestly held out a little hope for you on this one. You are a father, and I am guessing that at least one of your three children might have produced a grandchild although I haven’t verified that. (A Google search for your grandchildren provides a link to my letter On Behalf of My Grandchildren, Senator McConnell, which addresses my grandchildren but not yours.)

When I heard the news about Sandy Hook, my heart shattered. From what I understand, that is true for most people, and many of us have not recovered. I guess I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you had a heart to shatter. When your new BFF, and my other embarrassing Senator, Rand Paul went public with his nonsense about filibustering any attempt to strengthen gun safety in this country, I decided that validated my belief that as terrible as you are at your job, I still have a sliver more respect for you than I do him. At least I only fear you politically; I fear him politically and physically.

And then you had to jump on the crazy train with him. Oh, what a bittersweet dilemma that creates. On the sweet side, it will hurt your campaign. But, we sane Kentuckians still have to swallow the bitter reality of the whole world laughing at us. (In case you don’t know, the whole world IS watching. My granddaughter gets a kick out of seeing which countries are reading my letters to you. Thanks for that little pleasure.)

I have no problem admitting that I was wrong in assuming that you would feel the pain of every person who lost someone in that massacre, and that you would lie awake at night thinking of all the things you could do to make sure nothing like this ever happens again, and that you would realize there is no way to predict who is mentally unable to handle the responsibility of owning a gun so we must regulate and minimize, and that you would see through the NRA’s ridiculous leap onto school safety when schools are not the problem. I was wrong – very wrong – to assume that you would be anything like the sane, compassionate, fair, logical people in this country.

Second on my complaint list is this: Mitch McConnell Won'tStop Saying That the Left Was "Bugging" His Campaign Office   You know, Senator McConnell, that this is total bull. My guess is that someone in your office defected. You are surely suspecting the same now that you wasted tax dollars on an FBI investigation that came up with nothing. Seriously, old fool would be an improvement over the way you are looking these days. There’s some sweet irony (of the sickenly sweet variety) in your use of tax dollars for this and in the fact that you also waste tax dollars taking secret service to protect you when you visit school children.

Ashley Judd’s words are kinder than mine, and prove that her mental status is certainly much better than yours. "This is yet another example of the politics of personal destruction that embody Mitch McConnell and are pervasive in Washington, D.C," Judd said in the statement. "We expected nothing less from Mitch McConnell and his camp to take a personal struggle such as depression, which many Americans cope with on a daily basis, and turn it into a laughing matter." 

Another sore spot for me is that you and your cronies (or should I say allies so you'll know I'm trying to insult you?) are ruining satire for me and causing friction between me and one of my oldest friends. He suggested that we should label satire because so many people are sharing some of the most inane stories as truth. It’s a sorry state of affairs when Republicans are so absurd that there is no way to exaggerate stories about them to the point that rational people stop and say, “Oh, no, this can’t possibly be true so they laugh.” Here’s the latest example of satire that the intelligent, informed people believed. I hope you will read it and weep.

And then there are usual complaints – the things that never go away so I can’t wait for 2014 to be rid of you. Your obstruction is childish, inexcusable, and harmful. The reason I know you are lying when you claim to be Christian is that if you believed in hell you would know you have earned your spot in the VIP section there.

Wishing you sleepless nights, haunted by visions of children who have been shot with assault rifles,

Sandy

4 comments:

  1. to you Mitch McConnell;Wishing you sleepless nights, haunted by visions of children who have been shot with assault rifles,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please KY restore my faith in God and vote this bastard out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized something. Mitch McConnell is not worth the amount of attention I have been giving him. He is piling up reasons to not reelect him so fast I can't keep up and it is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete