Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012, Senator McConnell

Jamie Earl's photo.


This will be a great year for me and I sincerely wish the same for you. As with every year, I noticed that you were seldom smiling when the cameras caught you in 2011. And, unlike my Democratic representatives, you do not make yourself available to me in person, so I have no way of knowing if my perception of your consistent* unhappiness is legitimate. 

You may have noticed that I am an untraditional, outside-the-box person. In keeping with the consistent theme, I do not make resolutions at the start of a new year. Instead, I reflect on the past year, identify the things for which I am grateful as well as the disappointments. This year, I’m grateful to have survived the subarachnoid hemorrhage, that my grandchildren have reached ages where they know who I am and what I’m about, and that I truly love and trust President Obama and Congressman Yarmuth. Sadly, you remain a disappointment (see video below for example). But I am also optimistic by nature, so I still have hope that you will decide to retire. (I have given up any idea that you might change.)

Seriously, if I had your money and hated my job as much as you do, I would retire without hesitation. Psychic powers aside, I am positive you would be happier if you gave up your professional lying, obstructing, and taking the country hostage. That's really more work than reading a thousand page bill, double-spaced, with two-inch borders and we know how much you hate that. The work you choose to do instead of the work you were sent to Washington to do can't be good for your mental or physical health. Pretending today that you don't know that 63% of THE American People want more oversight, and refusing to admit that President Obama was right to call you on your obstruction and make a recession appointment for Richard Cardray, and allowing the word "arrogant" to come out of your mouth when speaking of your President has to be enough to destroy your physical health, unless your mental health is what causes you do do these things. Either way, you deserve a peaceful, happy 2012. 

Please, be kind to yourself and to THE American People and give it up. We all deserve better.


*Consistent is my theme for the year. I’m watching closely for consistency and ready to point out inconsistencies. It feels more positive than calling out hypocrisy. Either way, I plan to keep in touch.









Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment