Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You Haven’t Seen Anything Yet, Senator McConnell

Dear Senator McConnell:

Since you are supposed to be serving as a leader, I will follow your lead. You haven’t seen anything yet.

I take a tiny bit of credit for making all politics NOT local. Years ago, my refusal to fall for that line confused some of my friends. I explained, repeatedly, in person and in as many forums as I could possibly visit on the internet, that those of you elected to national seats affect the lives of all of us, so we should start campaigning across state lines. I believe I warned you way back then that I was going to do this, and I keep my promises.

Today, people from across the country (and world, actually) ask me what they can do to help Kentuckians oust you from our Senate seat. And I tell them. Politicians across the country request campaign donations from me, send updates to let me know what they support and why they disagree with me on other issues, and know that they are not dealing only with locals any more. The people I meet on the internet know more about representatives who do not represent their state than ever before. I did not do this on my own but mark it on my list of successes.

You, Senator McConnell, have made quite a name for yourself but I will stay on this project until you are gone. Your name is so huge these days that you need all the help you can get to spread such ugliness.

I’ll try to start with the positive. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for proving that Ronald Reagan was brain dead and George Bush never had any power. Now that you have earned the position of lead puppet, and the Chamber has come forward, it is obvious to everyone that the Republicans planted in political offices are only placeholders to be manipulated. Bad news for you is that you have gone so far overboard that this disgusts even some of the people who supported you before.

If I get my way, that ‘some’ number will grow. In the words of a very foolish man, “If you think it’s bad now, wait until next year.”

Republican Senators recently said that they won't pass healthcare for the 9/11 first responders because they don't want to work the entire week from Christmas to New Years Day. This is wrong on so many levels. You wasted the year with your obstructionism so you should stay as long as it takes to get the work you were elected (and are paid) to do. Most people get one day off work for a holiday. Who do you think you are? And you’ve shown how little respect you have for non-Christians by demanding that your religious celebration is more important than the nation’s business.

Following your lead again, I don’t want to waste my Christmas week rehashing all of your words and actions so I am just going to list a few of the more disgusting selections so far this week:

Mitch McConnell Found His Calling: Scrooge of the Year You had some good competition but won with 42% of the votes after spending your year leading a record number of filibusters against unemployment insurance, job creation, health care reform, Wall Street reform, health care for 9/11 first responders, the DREAM Act, Social Security cost of living adjustments, collective bargaining rights for public safety officers and just about anything that might benefit working families.

Mitch McConnell Accuses Obama of Plan to Seize Internet Of course, this is not true but you depend on your base to keep their fingers in their ears and their eyes closed rather than look for the truth. Shame on you.

The 9 Biggest Conservative Lies About Taxes and Public Spending Check them out. You will probably be proud to see that you’ve propagated every one on the list.

Dear Mitch McConnell: What the hell are you talking about on net neutrality? Mitch McConnell said that the proposed rule would "harm investment, stifle innovation, and lead to job losses." Would it really hurt you to tell the truth about one thing? (Glad to see that others are writing.)

McConnell Vows to Make Next Two Years Hell for Obama I’m copying this straight from the article since I couldn’t possibly say it better myself. “Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), a vile classless political hack of all hacks, at least is up front about his motives and priorities. He would sell out his own mother to regain the majority in the Senate and to destroy the Obama presidency to put a Republican back in the Oval Office. So, it should come as no surprise that he unleashed a slew of fresh threats aimed at President Obama and the Democrats during a Politico interview. And that he relishes his role as a bomb-throwing partisan obstructionist. McConnell gloated to Politico that if Democrats think the GOP’s scorched earth policy is bad, “wait ‘til next year.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky told CNN's "State of the Union" that members of his party need more time to consider the START accord. "I've decided I cannot support the treaty," McConnell said in his first outright rejection of ratifying the treaty during the current lame-duck session of Congress. Seriously, Senator McConnell? 17 freaking pages? You can’t make it through 17 FREAKING PAGES? You are disgraceful.

Sarah got the misinformer of the year award, probably only because she talks faster and tweets more. Maybe you can try harder next year?

I do wish you a Merry Christmas, Senator McConnell. I hope it is as merry as that of the poorest, most resentful person in this country.

Sincerely,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment