Saturday, October 13, 2018

Post Kavanaugh McConnell Republican Party Affect On Women

Senator McConnell:

I'm writing to congratulate you on an accomplishment that I'm sure will elicit one of your evil grins. I'm on day two of the anti-anxiety medication my doctor prescribed to help me deal with the violence you and your party have incited against people who dare to stand up to your fascist party. Unlike you, I actually care about my daughters, and my granddaughters, and the many women (and men) who are and will continue to suffer the consequences of your actions.

Dr. Ford's testimony triggered what I thought was a decades-behind-me case of PTSD following an assault. The man who attacked me also smiled as he thought he was choking me to death. The saddest part about typing this is that I believe, should you happen to read it, my pain would bring you pleasure. But, I will type it anyway, in case sane people are reading, to show that no matter how much you, and people like you, try, you will not silence us. For me, that trigger was easily diverted and used constructively. My emotional pain lasted seconds and then I was able to turn it immediately into sorrow for the woman who was strong enough to ruin her own life for the sake of many. I hope you'll compare her to yourself - SHE was willing to ruin her life to HELP others. You are the opposite. You devote all of yourself to destroying others. That's not sane, Senator. And it's NOT OKAY.

I spent much of the ten hours following that hearing comforting friends and family whose emotions were totally shredded as a result of the wrong they had seen. It was such a mixed bag of wrong that it was and remains almost impossible to comprehend. We watched, on national television, a woman whose credibility no sane person could question, pour out her heart. And we watched the man who caused her that pain lie, prove to the world that he was lying, that he had no self-control, that he was unfit in every possible way to be seated on any court, much less the Supreme Court. We watched your party make a total mockery of the system. You caused extreme emotional damage to many people. You caused permanent damage to the system. You built HATE in people who thought they couldn't hate anyone.




None of this is okay. What happened after is even worse. In a time when millions of people were feeling hurt, vulnerable, fearful, anxious, and angry - feelings that won't subside soon, you and your party decided to incite violence toward those people.

I hold you and your party responsible. And I am calling on reasonable people to take action. I know you don't care how many people march, protest, sign petitions, call . . .  You are heartless and care nothing about doing the right thing. So, I am going to encourage people to think outside the box and find ways to hold you responsible.

We will find ways.

The violence that you pretend you are speaking out against, when you and everyone with any sense knows you are truly inciting - IN ACTION.  YOU, Rand Paul, and your violent, fascist party, OWN THIS. The blood will remain on your hands. This is the USA that you and your party created.

Kavanaugh's wife told us what we needed to know about him during his testimony. Although she sat there like an obedient, well-coached mannequin, her eyes darkened when he said he had never abused any woman. Women who have lived through abusive relationships saw in her eyes that he was lying. I'm sure you saw it, too. If you didn't watch, or didn't see it there, you surely saw it here. Unless, you aren't human enough to see what normal people see. I'm allowing for that to be your truth but that means you are not qualified for your job.

In accordance with a cloture vote, there is only a 30-hour window between when debate ends and when a vote needs to be held. This prevents senators from attempting to filibuster and delay the process.  The take-away from this article highlights your hypocrisy and depth of your depravity. You, the proud king of obstruction and filibuster, denying others a fair chance to expose the truth that you want hidden. This is one of the many things that tell me you are one of the most depraved, dangerous people alive. 


McConnell family blasts Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh Even after I have watched you and your party proudly strut your depravity and lack of concern for people, I still can't imagine any father hating his own daughters enough to disregard their opinions and safety the way you do. It's unnatural. It's unacceptable. It's NOT OKAY.



McConnell 'will not be intimidated' after protests over Kavanaugh vote has to be one of the most ignorant, dishonest headlines ever written. You, Senator McConnell, have made it your purpose in life to intimidate people through lies, policies, fear tactics, blackmailing, and obstruction. Media that elects to sugar-coat, misrepresent, mislead by framing things the way this headline does are irresponsible and not trustworthy. They know as well as I do that, unfortunately, due to the consistent dumbing-down of our society by people like you, who know intelligent, educated, informed people will never allow you to be in power, many people read nothing but headlines and don't have the critical thinking or political savvy to see what they are doing.

You only smile when you are doing something to hurt many people. That's NOT OKAY or normal, either.

Sandy

I will publish your letters to McConnell on this blog if you send them to me with permission to publish. mcconnellletters@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment