Thursday, August 11, 2011

FLASHBACK: In 1990 Campaign Ad, McConnell Said ‘I Think Everyone Should Pay Their Fair Share, Including The Rich’

Dear Senator McConnell:

Was this before you were rich? Have you changed this much in a few years? Are you unable to remember who you are and what you stand for? THE AMERICAN people deserve explanations.


FLASHBACK: In 1990 Campaign Ad, McConnell Said ‘I Think Everyone Should Pay Their Fair Share, Including The Rich’: "pToday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) named three Republicans to the fiscal super committee that was created by the debt ceiling deal. All three have taken the Americans for Tax Reform anti-tax pledge and support a cockamamie constitutional balanced budget amendment. “What I can pretty certainly say to the American people, the chances of [...]/p"


If the following is true, I take back all the begging I've done in recent months. On second thought, I want you to just keep doing what you've been doing. It's working well for me.


But new data from a CNN poll shows that there's been a difference in the minds of many Americans: the Democratic Party is getting a split on approval/disapproval at 47 - 47, but the Republican Party disapproval rating is all the way up to 59%, against a 33% approval.

Sorry you weren't around when we dropped by to deliver the Contract For the American Dream today. I do hope you will read it and consider it. We distributed copies to everyone on the street, with your phone number. Please, don't deny hearing from us or them again. I'm sure you know you are busted - nobody is believing that line. Even if you don't read our letters or acknowledge our phone calls, you are bound to have heard that THE American people are not very pleased with you or your party these days. And we're getting media coverage - three local channels today. Here are links to two. WLKY WHAS

To leave you with a smile, this was my rally poster today:






No comments:

Post a Comment